Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Olli, Olli, Oxen Free


No…I’m not being a lazy bones. Not off on some holiday...enjoying sunshine on a lush beach. And no…I don’t have writer’s block.

In fact…I am sick as a dog these days. Not exactly the flu, or a cold…I’m affectionately referring to it as “the crud”. Actually a very appropriate name…being that I feel like crud, sound like crud…and I’ve certainly had days when I looked a heap better than I do today..

If you to run across me…you might think I was in contention for the local Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer contest. Quite honestly…I think I could win…hands down…or should I say hoofs down?


I do have a couple of pieces I want to write…as soon as my fussy head clears up, For those who are not residents of Southern California...you can have some peace you are not on the roadway…with some fussy headed, coughing, sneezing, cruddy person.

Sleep is rather evasive these days. And in my time of need, my kitty boys Nathan and Moss…are no where to be found. Normally they sleep on the pillow or next to me…right now they are steering clear. Coughing and sneezing are not their cup of tea. And when I get up in the middle of a sleepless night…and pass by Nathan or Moss…I get “the look”. “Mom, could you keep it down…we’re trying to get some rest here…and you are disturbing us.”

The truth be told…Nathan is not to be found in December. His favorite sleeping spot is under the Christmas tree. So my apologies ahead of time to any of you who get Christmas presents that have ribbons with teeth marks and cat spit on them.

With that being said…and before the Nyquil Liquid Caps kick in and I write goodness knows what…I’m off to bed…with dreams of cough drops dancing in my head.

All of you be well, drink lots of water, get good rest…and drink you orange juice. Don’t come down with the crud!


1 comment:

Debra said...

I hope you will feel well soon! Thanks so much for visiting my blog.... God blesss... Debra

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...