Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I’ll Know…by the Look in His Eyes


Recently, while listening to the Judgment Seat of Christ from the heaven series “Destination…Heaven” by Chuck Obremski I was once again struck by the description and thought of what it will be like to stand before Jesus and be judged for my works after coming to Christ.

Please listen to the audio clip below…and think what it will be like for you on that day.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. –
2 Corinthians 5:10

You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. -
Romans 14:10

It’s easy when looking at others…especially unbelievers…to stand back and say “Gee wiz…I sure wouldn’t want to be them and stand before Jesus on judgment day.”

However…I really need to look at own life and see if how I am living my life now…will my Lord commend me and praise my works…or will it bring displeasure? What will I see in Jesus' eyes on that day?

Am I living my life…in light of eternity? Does the end game influence how I think and what I say? Does it influence my actions towards others? How do I react when I’m treated unfairly or rejected by man? Am I expecting my rewards this side of heaven? Am I expecting things to be fair and made right on this side of eternity? Do I trust God to make things right, in his time and in appropriate measure, taking into account those things of which I’m ignorant?

What a challenge. I truly believe that if I can fully grasp this concept…and cling to it daily that it will indeed influence how I act each day. Hopefully with the end game of my Lord and Savior welcoming me with the words,
“Well done good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your master.”

However, if you don’t yet know Christ…if you haven’t yet accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross as payment for your sin…you will stand before Jesus and account for your sins. You won’t be judged in how you compare to the guy that went before you. God doesn’t grade on the curve. But you have the opportunity today to acknowledge your sins…and receive the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. The one sacrifice that God has accepted as payment for the penalty for your sins and my sins.

Don’t delay…for today is the day of salvation.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Am I just not seeing the audio clip? It would be just like me for it to be right in front of me and I can't see it.

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...