Friday, March 24, 2006

Contributor or Committed?


With the admonition from my dear beloved former Pastor, Chuck Obremski to “Be a pig for Jesus” how could I resist the temptation to purchase this little garden pig?

Honestly…there are days in which I would much rather be the chicken…and just contribute to the meal…by giving an egg or two. Especially when the opposition is great…the days are dark...the silence is overwhelming…and the rewards are few.

But that is not what my Savior has called me to do. He instead has called me to be fully committed…sold out to God. In other words…be like the pig who has given his all. Not just a contributor…but one who is fully committed.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Okay, that thing is cute! I want one. Tell me I can get one at some national chain like Lowes Knows or something. Please!

susanwalkergirl said...

Carol...isn't he adorable...just fell in love with the little fellow.

Actually it was at an Armstrong's Nursery. So I think they are a nationwide chain. Made by the SK Topiary Inc.

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...