Tuesday, January 02, 2007

1/1/07 At the End of the Day...Grateful

At the end of the day…the first day in January 2007…I find myself grateful for a couple of things in particular.

1) Having ears to hear anew. This afternoon while taking down Christmas decorations and cleaning…I turned on the DVD from the 2006 Women of Faith conference. I’ve watched this DVD multiple times…but I swear this time I heard things I didn’t before.

Isn’t that true with God’s word…it's new every morning and for every situation. I may have read a passage twenty times before…but this time…God brings to mind something that applies to my current situation.

2) Encouraging people…people like Teresa Shirkie at Canadian Blogger. Miss Teresa and those who have the gift of encouragement build people up. They look for the good and always have something nice to say. They are focused on others…and seem to be aware of the power of words…whether spoken or written. They freely share. Because what they do and say seems to come so naturally… they may not even be aware of the good they do in the lives of the people they encounter.

Miss Teresa…I am most blessed by God to have discovered you…my Canadian friend and kindred spirit.

(Launching a new blog...called at the End of the Day. A place to record a thank you to God for that which I'm grateful for.)

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...