Saturday, January 06, 2007

1/5/07 At the End of the Day…Tired

On average…I’ve been getting about four to five hours sleep a night for quite a long time now. On occasion…I’ll sleep a full night’s sleep of seven or eight hours.

But this lack of sleep is really catching up with me. I’m exhausted all the time. My head feels fuzzy and I find it hard to think clearly.

I feel like there are just not enough hours in the day. Rather than go to bed a wee bit earlier…I’ll more often than not supplement with caffeine. I often joke around saying, “Good thing coffee is legal…otherwise I’d be sneaking around trying to by dime bags of Folgers on the street corner.”

It’s an exaggeration…but not by much. Ever once and a while…I’ll check my brain at the door and get the brilliant idea that I can snack on the chocolate covered espresso beans. Not a really good idea…for oodles of reasons.

But my Heavenly Father bids me to come unto Him and He will give me rest. So off to bed I go.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28

Good night…and sweet dreams.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...