Wednesday, September 17, 2008

For a Season


Oh Lord, in these days
The place where we meet
Has been denied me for a season


My soul longs for
Cries out
For our time to connect


You have answered my prayers
Given me my heart’s desire
In ways that are more than I can ask or imagine


Yet that place where we meet
Where my mind processes all that is going on
Has been held at bay


It’s been replaced
By busyness and plans
That will soon come to fruition


But it’s in writing
That I reflect
So clearly see Your presence in my life


It’s when my fingers strike the keyboard
That I work through the emotions
Through the grid of Your Word and the Holy Spirit’s leading


As much as I love my betrothed
Look forward with eager anticipation to that day when we become one
My heart cries out and I long for You, Oh God


May I never say
My name is Ichabod
That the glory of the Lord has departed from my life


May I be mindful
Of Your presence in my life
Your leading, Your guidance, Your tender correction


There are not enough sermons
Nor Bible studies attended
That can take the place of time spend with You


Oh God…carry me through this season
Restore unto me the time and place
And let us meet once again…daily commune


Until then God
Carry me, enable me, strengthen me…bring me through
To that private place where we meet again, one day face to face



Susan Bunts
September 16, 2008

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...