Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Victory



Tonight, the Lord enabled me

To snatch victory from the jaws of the enemy



When I heard the word…a smile crossed my lips

“Yes Lord…forgive”



The battle began early

I felt pummeled…assaulted on every side



Relentless…unending

Subtle…but it was an effective attack



Who would recognize it

Trace it back…to the enemy



Who would recognize the handwriting

Scripted by the hater of my soul



It felt like a war

The enemy was on every front



It left me wounded and numb

Spent…barely able to lift my head



Then the "piece of resistance"

Words wielded…left me battered and bloody



Oh Lord…just get me through this day

Help me to not respond in kind



Understanding their true nature

Brought no comfort



Knowledge that they are but a puppet of the enemy

Was not a healing balm to my soul



But in the quiet…at the end of the day

I came to the end of my reserves



It was there that the Holy Spirit reminded me

Of my “new nature” in Christ



He’s the One

When He whispered the word, “Forgive”…peace filled my soul



He’s the One who will enable me to return the arena

Enter where the prowling lions seek to devour me



Yet I fear not…for He is the One

Who will shut tight the jaws that would otherwise crush me



Tonight…the Holy Spirit within

Enabled me to forgive



In doing so He snatched victory

From the deadly jaws of Satan



A powerful and effective foe to a created one

But a defeated foe to the Kind of kings and Lord of lords



By Susan Bunts

September 9, 2008


No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...