Thursday, September 04, 2008

Only Believe



If I had believed those who told me

It’s God’s will that you never marry

Would I have ceased to pray

Never more asked God to grant me the desires of my heart



If I believed that the chapters yet to be written

Would never be different

From that which had gone before

Would my faith have failed me



If I believed the lies of the enemy

Doubted the goodness of God

Would I have presented my requests to Him

Confident that He is able



If I had never asked

God to bring me a godly husband

Would I have ever donned a wedding gown

Or felt your hand in mine



If I had not risked

Being embarrassed

Feeling the failure

Would I have gathered the courage to asked others to pray



If I had not heeded

The still small voice within

Would I have lacked the vision

To only believe



By Susan Bunts

September 3, 2008

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...