Thursday, August 19, 2010

If I Really Believed


If I really believed that God hears my prayers would that change how I prayed?  If I really believed that God cares and that He answers prayers…how would I pray?  If I was confident that God is who the Bible says He is and can do what He says He can do…what would I pray for? 
 
The first thing that comes to mind is that I would pray more often.
 
I would pray about everything.
 
I would pray with boldness and confidence. 
 
I would be more faithful in prayer for family, friend, strangers and even my enemies. 
 
I would pray with a sense of peace and assurance that my heavenly Father hears me.
 
I would pray more personally. 
 
I could hardly wait to pray…to run to the throne of my Abba Father who cares for me.
 
I would pray with trust and know that no matter what, God is doing a good work in the situation and my character.
 
I would be certain that His “No” is because he is working out a greater good.
 
My prayers would have an eternal vision…not only looking for answers this side of heaven. 
 
I would care less about what people thought about me and more about what my heavenly Father has to say.
 
I would desire to have more time with my Abba Father.
 
I would be excited to share with others the wonderful news about the Gospel message so that they too can be saved and have their sin debt paid in full by Jesus Christ.
 
I wouldn’t give a hoot or holler what unbeliever or doubters had to day…because I would believe God.
 
When attacked by the enemy…I would run to the throne of grace.
 
I would desire to be sanctified, set apart so that nothing would interfere with my prayer life and relationship with God.
 
I would pray more fervently. 
 
Salvation, salvation, salvation would be my primary prayer because I know that God desires that no one would perish but all would come to repentance…and there is nothing more important in life.
 
I would have the joy of the Lord even during the hard times.
 
I wouldn’t try to get through life and difficult circumstances on my own strength.

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...