Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Isn’t it Funny?

I’ve done many a Bible study over the years.  For a number of years, I was blessed to study God’s word through Bible Study Fellowship and most recently through a women’s study through our church. 
 
But each time I begin a new study, I find myself nervous…but also excited and hopeful that I will build friendships and bond with the women in my study.  I’m prayerful that God will enable me to be faithful in my study…that I will diligently study God’s word.  That I will be open and teachable and let God’s word rebuke, encourage, and conform and transform me. 
 
Last night I began a new study in the book of Ephesians, a Precepts study by Kay Arthur.  Through this study I will learn a new in depth Bible study method.  What a great book to study so that I might walk with confidence of who I am in Christ.
 
When I start feeling nervous…I always remind myself that within a few short weeks the ladies in the study will get to know and love one another.  I need to keep my focus on Jesus Christ and follow where He leads.  
 

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...