He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. - Colossians 1:15-16

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Isn’t it Funny?

I’ve done many a Bible study over the years.  For a number of years, I was blessed to study God’s word through Bible Study Fellowship and most recently through a women’s study through our church. 
 
But each time I begin a new study, I find myself nervous…but also excited and hopeful that I will build friendships and bond with the women in my study.  I’m prayerful that God will enable me to be faithful in my study…that I will diligently study God’s word.  That I will be open and teachable and let God’s word rebuke, encourage, and conform and transform me. 
 
Last night I began a new study in the book of Ephesians, a Precepts study by Kay Arthur.  Through this study I will learn a new in depth Bible study method.  What a great book to study so that I might walk with confidence of who I am in Christ.
 
When I start feeling nervous…I always remind myself that within a few short weeks the ladies in the study will get to know and love one another.  I need to keep my focus on Jesus Christ and follow where He leads.  
 

No comments: