Friday, September 03, 2010

Thy Kingdome Come

It seems like each day God continues to work on me and challenge me.  It’s easy for me to pray the Lord’s Prayer…and say “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”  But the real work starts in my heart.  Am I ready, willing and able to let God’s will be done in my heart, my mind and even my mouth?
 
One area that God has challenged me is when I see something unlovely in the life of another Christian.  When that unattractiveness is displayed towards me or others….I find it so easy to want to go to God and complain about them.  But God is challenging me, instead of complaining or building a case against a brother or sister in Christ…I need to remember that this side of heaven, none of us is perfect…that includes me. 
 
Instead of complaining…God is challenging me to be in prayer for them.  That God would reveal to them an area of weakness or sin or an attitude that He would have them to repent of.  That they would have a heart that is tender and yielded to the Lord.  That they would have the ears to hear Him and a heart that responds in loving obedience and repentance.
 
When I see that area of weakness in another Christian…it should be a reminder for me to be praying for them.  That neither they nor I will give the devil a foothold by having a wrong attitude or response.
 
We are on the same team…I need to help build up the body of Christ, not tear them down and pray that they will do the same for me. 

2 comments:

ROBERT LLOYD RUSSELL said...

I really appreciate this post because it is really at the heart of Christian living. It is always easier to mouth the words than to walk the talk.
God bless you and your ministry for Him.

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I agree with you...it's so easy to say the words...but it's a whole different experience to live them.

Praise God for the Holy Spirit dwelling within us who continues His work to conform us into the image and likeness of Christ.

In Christ...Susan

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...