Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Just Thinking

If I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, if I guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus, if I hide God’s word in my heart so that I won’t sin against Him…how will that change how I live? 
 
If I truly choose to think on that which is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy…how will that change what I choose to think about?  How will that change my speech?  How will the impact what I read, listen to or watch on TV or in the movies?  How will that influence my conversations with both believers and unbelievers?  Will it motivate me to choose to keep company with people who love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength? 
 
Is my love for the Lord be manifest in my thoughts and my words?

Finally brethren whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things. – Philippians 4:8
 

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...