He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. - Colossians 1:15-16

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Five Minute Friday - How Do I See God?



Whom do I see when I think of God
Do I see Him as gentle and benevolent
Like a doddering old grandfather
Who has no impact on how I live my life

Do I see man’s picture of Jesus
Dialed down and nonthreatening
Repackaged to be more appealing to unbelievers
Someone who treats our sins superficially

Or do I read God’s Word with reverence
Am I in awe of God Who is Holy, Holy, Holy
Do I remember my redemption came at a price
My sin debt was paid for by the Holy Lamb of God


by Susan Wachtel
June 2, 2012


Psalm 111:9-10
He has sent redemption to His people;
He has commanded His covenant forever:
Holy and awesome is His name.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.
His praise endures forever.


A day late…but I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to participate in The GypsyMama’s Five Minute Friday.  Head on over and give it a try and be sure to read the writings of many gifted individuals while you are there. 


2 comments:

SD ~ Dawning Inspiration said...

Love your post. Great job writing. Hope you have a great weekend!

Wanda said...

To reexamine our view of God is necessary for each of us from time to time. Have a great week Susan.