Notes from the Dennis Prager Show
Prager Happiness Hour 5-13-05
- Life is filled with adversity for all.
- Complaining is toxic.
- Our behavior effects us first…you complain you destroy your chances for happiness first.
- It also affects others.
- Chronic complainers are the living embodiment of narcissism.
- Chronic complainers are toxic…not only make others around them unhappy…but also themselves.
- They complain…but it doesn’t make them happy.
- Comedians complain…but they are making fun of themselves.
- The chronic complainer…doesn’t want you to laugh at them…but say woe unto you…wants your sympathy.
- Always something to complain about.
- People think that life is great for the happy person…that they have everything.
- Instead the happy person has worked at being happy…being grateful and not complaining.
- Chronic complainers to be avoided at all costs.
- The unhappy are chronic complainers…because they complain to themselves.
- Chronic complainers…suck the life out of themselves and others.
- Chronic complainers…suck the life out of you – caller Kate in Minneapolis.
- That which you focus on (aim) you will hit - Dan in Denver.
- Chronic complainers feel a sense of entitlement…complain when life doesn’t meet their expectations - Connie in Phoenix - From a book “The Lies We Believe”.
- Realized I was unhappy because I always complained - Angel – Northridge, Ohio.
- Didn’t want to be a victim anymore - Michelle in Minneapolis.
- Makes his kids say, “Whenever I whine and complain, I get nothing.” - Lincoln in Orange County, CA.
- Went through a 12 step program and found having God in my life really helps - Tom in Phoenix.
- When I became more grateful I stopped complaining as much – Sharon, West Hills, CA.
- People complain about two things…people and things – Stan, Santa Clarita, CA.
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Shortly before we moved from California in 2014, my husband Chris took me to the Huntington Library. I had never been there, but he had...
Do you ever need to remind yourself on who your God is? Praying this list by Priscilla Shirer will encourage and strengthen your hear...
God gave the bold command To cross the Jordan and take the land Not to worry about the giants they would face But when the spie...