Sunday, March 23, 2008

Don't Lick the Bowl

It couldn’t be the new guy I’m seeing that lured me into the kitchen, now could it? After all...I forewarned him that this girl does not cook. Boiling water and scrambling an egg...is about the extent of my cooking abilities. I’ve joked for years...I’d better marry a man who cooks or likes to eat out...because if he’s depending on me...he’ll go hungry.

But tonight I made my way into the kitchen...and dared to try my hand at impressing Chris with my limited cooking skills. With recipe book in hand...I pulled out a sure thing to impress a chocolate lover. The Pièce de résistance...a chocolate Kahlúa Bunt Cake.

This cake is so choke full of rich and fating ingredients...that it’s positively sinful. Being that the cake has a cup of Kahlúa I had to remind myself...don’t lick the bowl.

I’m hoping if my cooking doesn’t kill Chris...perhaps I’ll have another date. If it does...well hey...I forewarned him...I don’t cook. Well...on occasion...it’s been known to happen...but don’t get used to it! Good golly I hope he doesn’t expect this often!

Don’t Lick the Bowl... Kahlúa Cake

1 Box of Devil’s Food Cake
4 Eggs
¾ Cup of Oil
1 Cup of Sour Cream
1 Cup of Kahlúa

Mix the above ingredients...and add 6 ounces of mini chocolate chips. Pour in to bunt cake pan and bake at 350 degree for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...