Friday, March 28, 2008

Live a Life of No Regrets




Having a longer commute than I used to has actually proved to be profitable for me. On occasion I’ll have the radio on...but more often then not...I’ll be listening to some great Bible studies or preaching. Recently I went through the book of Luke which Pastor Chuck Obremski taught when Kindred Community Church was first formed. We were in the book for 86 weeks. It’s a phenomenal study...and even more precious to those at Kindred who lived through that time...as we witness the hand of God on our church and beloved Pastor, Chuck...as God led us through some very deep waters.

After finishing Luke...I had a dilemma. What should I start on next? It seemed only appropriate that I should continue on and listen to the remaining messages that Pastor Chuck did before the Lord called him home. The Heaven Series is one of my favorites...as is the Genuine Servant series.

I remember going through the studies at the time...and feeling very convicted and challenged by God call to come up higher. Pastor Chuck...just had a way of boiling things down to the essentials. He was a straight shooter...and just what I needed. Each week...the Holy Spirit would bring that message home...in a very personal way.

The above clip was from a message called the Judgment Seat of Christ. What struck me was where Chuck said we will know at the time of judgment how things will go when we are standing before Jesus and look into His eyes. We’ll know how things are going to go...by the look in his eyes. He painted a very vivid picture of that day that will come to each of us.

Down here on earth...before I die...is the only time and place I have to get it right in living for the Lord. In heaven...it won’t take any effort to walk with the love of Christ...for my nature will have been transformed. Down here...is the only place where I will have the opportunity to respond with kindness and love when I’ve been mistreated. This is the only place I will have the opportunity to share the Gospel message with those who are perishing. In heaven...everyone will have already been saved. Those who haven’t been saved...will have already been cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. No matter how loud I shout the Gospel message...they won’t hear me. The chasm has been fixed...there will be no crossing over. Down here on earth...God can take my praises in the face of difficult circumstances...as a witness and testimony to His greatness and His awesome love and power. This is the place where my prayers matter. What I do down here on earth...will determine the rewards I get in heaven. All the right living in heaven...won’t earn me a crown to cast at the feat of my Savior. Right living here and now is where I have that opportunity to love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. Right here...right now is where I’m storing up my rewards for heaven. What kind of rewards am I earning? Am I going to be embarrassed on that day when all things are laid bare for all to see? Or will I humbly be able to offer a crown to my Savior...in gratitude for His redeeming work on the cross on my behalf?

Live a life of no regrets. Hummmmm...will I?

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...