Monday, November 14, 2005

Handle with Prayer

Okay...so God is never going to accuse me of having a great unfailing memory and trust in His Word...in the midst of the battle. Well at least not yet.

I tell you there are days when God must just rest head against his hand say, "Susan, dear, when are you going to get it? When are you going to understand that you can trust me? What's it going to take?

I admit it...I'm a slow learner. Hopefully...a wee bit better each year, month or day than the one before. But it's a very good thing that God is patient...infinitely patient.

This last week...was another trying week. One in which I felt overwhelmed the pressing daily demands, deadlines and challenging people. I felt wholly inadequate to meet or keep up with the mounting demands. Seemingly something at every turn kept popping up and nothing much was working out smoothly. I was in need of quiet so I could concentrate and attempt to get things done. But quiet was rather elusive.

So instead of being composed and trusting God and his timing...I became quite cranky and annoyed. Yeah...a real good witness to the Christian life? Un uh, yeah. Right.

When it became very apparent...to even the slower learner that I am...I was unable to handle on my own power...I decided to call in the Cavalry. I fired off a prayer request to the faithful members of Kindred's Prayer Team.

Shortly thereafter...while taking my morning walk...God brought to my memory reminders on who He is, His character...and why I can trust that He is faithful.

The same God who parted the Red Sea...so that the Jews could pass safely through...is the same God whom I worship and place my trust in.

He is the same God who stopped the sun it's path...as Joshua and the Israeli's fought the Amorites. He is the same God who sees my troubles and is there along side me.

Can I really say that my tiny, little problems are too much for the God who created the universe and all that it contains?

The same God who by His power...raised Jesus Christ from the dead...is my God.

If God...can create a whole universe and fill it with His creation...by merely speaking a word...can't He manage my little problems? Is anything too big for my God?

You see, He has promised to never leave me, nor forsake me. He is able to do abundantly more than all I ask imagine.


Now if only...I will remember...to handle all my difficulties with prayer.

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...