Monday, February 06, 2006

In Pursuit of a Blue Jay





One of my favorite places to visit is the Fullerton Arboretum at Cal State Fullerton.

It’s a lovely place to walk around…and escape from the hustle and bustle of your busy day. Been a while since I’ve been there...but decided to stop by today…with my trusty camera in hand.

There are always many beautiful sights and sounds to capture your attention. From plants and flowers, to waterfalls and ponds, to birds and butterflies…all amidst the gardens.

But upon hearing the squawk of a Blue Jay…I went in pursuit…in effort to snap his photo. They are such perky, sassy and smart little birds…I just love them. They always make me smile…and I feel like I’m going to have a good day when I happen upon one.

So I was ever so pleased when I got several good pictures of this young fellow. His colors were bright and bold…and he seemed much younger than others I have seen.

Hope you too enjoy…this wonderful creature from God’s creation.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...