Susan's Blog

A place for Susan's musing, fussing, praise and thanksgiving...on life, religion and politics.


Sunday, February 05, 2006

Things Aren’t Always as They First Appear - Chuck Obremksi









Powered by Podbean.com



at February 05, 2006
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: Kindred Community Church, Pastor Chuck Obremski, The Story is Told

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

The Melody of Love by Wanda E Brunstetter and Lorine Brunstetter Van Corbach – Likeable Characters and Interesting Story

Wanda Brunstetter has become one of my favorite writers of Christian Amish fiction.   I was grateful for the opportunity to read her newest...

Sword of the Spirit

A Little Something

My photo
susanwalkergirl
I’m 62 and though I’m not what I should be, praise God I’m not what I used to be. I spent many years angry at God, running from Him and tried to deny His existence. Through the loving witness of my neighbors the Bocks, I saw a clear picture of God who loves me. At 32, I recognized I was a sinner, repented of my sins and received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I know that God still answers prayers. For many years I prayed for a husband and on the eve of my 49th birthday, God brought Chris Wachtel into my life and 7 months later we were married. I am conservative in my politics, but a former liberal. I even campaigned for Jimmy Carter and I rue that day. I find liberal leftist thinking, while well intentioned, ultimately flawed. I’ve been abundantly blessed by God with gifted pastors and teachers. I’m most grateful for Pastors Philip De Courcy and Chuck Obremski who faithfully taught the Word of God. I've also grown through BSF and CBS Bible Studies. God has recently moved us 1,500 miles from CA to TX. Not sure what the Lord will be doing in us and through us, but I am grateful to be walking with and depending on Him each day.
View my complete profile

Search This Blog

Pages

  • Home
  • Word of God – Active & Alive
  • Family Photos

Translate Page to Another Language

Days Gone By

Days Gone By
We were once upon a family...

Family...God"s Gift

Family...God"s Gift
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~ Desmond Tutu

Baby Gayle

Baby Joyce

Always Remember

Always Remember

Twitter

Follow @susanwalkergirl

Blog Archive

  • ►  2026 (9)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2025 (15)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2024 (21)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2023 (18)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2022 (17)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2021 (18)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2020 (24)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2019 (26)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2018 (40)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2017 (57)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2016 (46)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2015 (68)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2014 (75)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2013 (75)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2012 (100)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2011 (84)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2010 (147)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (13)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2009 (119)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2008 (101)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2007 (145)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ▼  2006 (187)
    • ►  December (12)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (19)
    • ►  March (24)
    • ▼  February (33)
      • Timing Is Everything...By Chuck Obremski
      • Oh Those Quotes…
      • A Different Kind of Hero...Jason McElwain
      • A Kid's Take on Love
      • How could you love someone…and not say it?
      • God’s Love – by Gordon Kirk
      • Tomorrow Never Comes - by Norma Cornett Marek
      • Danke Schōn, Grazie, Merci, Mahalo Nui, Thank You!
      • Grateful
      • The Preacher and the Cowhand…by Chuck Obremski
      • Meditating on the Word of God
      • On My Own Power
      • The Most Wonderful Time of Year
      • Pure Loveliness
      • God’s Talking…Am I Listening?
      • Golf Anyone? by Chuck Obremski
      • Valentine of Old
      • Sam Resurrected
      • My Sam Resurrected
      • Another Treasure
      • Eagle or Chicken?
      • Wishing you a Heavenly Birthday Grandma
      • No title
      • Unnecessary Burdens
      • How Do I Love Thee?
      • In Pursuit of a Blue Jay
      • Happy Birthday Kindred Community Church
      • Things Aren’t Always as They First Appear - Chuck ...
      • Give up?
      • So how much faith will it take?
      • The Greatest of These is Love
      • Need Hope...Look to the Cross
      • But Then There Is Today
    • ►  January (19)
  • ►  2005 (243)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (53)
    • ►  August (43)
    • ►  July (49)
    • ►  June (32)
    • ►  May (22)

Susan's Other Ventures

  • A Poem by Any Other Name
  • Dare I Be a Daniel
  • For the Father's Glory
  • Susan's God Stops
  • The Grace and Mercy of the Lord

Litfuse

Join the Flock! Litfuse Publicity Group blogger

Bethany House

Net Galley

Professional Reader

Bloglovin

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

My Colors Will Be Clear

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight seeing, smooth knees, color-less dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, "chinchy" giving and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need position, promotions, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my destination is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few. My Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause of the One that gave me life, drew the line in blood for me in the hour of my destiny.

I am one of Christ's remnant people. I belong to Him and none other. All I do to bring this life to another is done because of that blood covenant poured out for me.

I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. I must share will all that one more might hear and be drawn from the flaming darkness that longs to consume. Reach for another, touch but one more!

Until that moment...He will have no problem in recognizing me- my colors will be clear!!!

Not only are the words inspiring but so is the man behind them. The above letter was written by a Pastor in Africa who was undergoing severe persecution. On the eve of his execution he sat down and wrote the above note.


2006 God Blog Con

2006 God Blog Con
"You should have been there!"

Christian Women Online

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random
Awesome Inc. theme. Powered by Blogger.