Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Unnecessary Burdens


It seems, as of late I’m feeling way overburdened…like I’m carrying the weight of the world around on my shoulders. With no one who will help…and no one who cares. Or least the weight of my world…from home to work, to family, friends, relationships, time…and on and on it goes.

Am I carrying burdens that God never intended for me to carry? Am I taking on burdens that aren’t mine? Am I assuming responsibility for that which only God can do?

In God’s word he tells us that his burdens are light. “For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -
Matthew 11:30

If that is the case…could it be that burdens that I am carrying…are burdens of my own choosing…and not those which God has ordain for me?

Since they are not burdens that God has sent my way…to help me grow…is he obligated to help me? Will he help me? Yes…when I am willing to lay down those burdens. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. –
Matthew 11:28

Since I am taking on burdens and responsibilities that aren’t mine…does that mean that I don’t trust God? That I don’t trust him to work things out? Am I trying to do his job? Or is it that I don’t think that he will work them out according to what I desire, or in my timing? Not trusting God, why?

Do I believe the lies of our enemy…the adversary? I am listening to what he tells me about who God is and what he is like? Didn’t Satan pull the old trick…going all the way back to Adam and Eve? When I read the Bible…it’s so plain to see Satan’s schemes in the lives of others. I can even see the lies and deception in the lives of people I know today. Why am I so blind to it in my own life? What can I do to protect myself?

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” - Ephesians 6:10-12

“Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.” – Psalm 68:19

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...