Sunday, February 12, 2006

Valentine of Old


Three and a half years ago...when faced with the challenging of selling my mother's home...one of the chores was going through years of accumulated memorabilia, photos, paperwork, furniture, clothing and a heck of a lot of other stuff.

One of the nice surprises was discovering that my mom had kept a few of the papers from my youth including some early art work. Among those treasures I discovered a valentine that I had made for my mom.

Not sure exactly when it would have been done? Kindergarten or first grade? We would have been living Alamosa, Colorado at that time...either in town...or out in the country. What makes it even more special to me...is that my mom kept it all these year. Considering how many times we moved...that is truly amazing.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...