Thursday, August 04, 2005

Celebrating a Life


Today I attended the funeral of my friend, Neil Parker. My boss, my mentor and friend...of about 17 years.

When I heard about Neil's death...I knew that his funeral would be one of celebration. One of remembering and sharing about this lovely man of whom we were privileged to know. A wonderful Christian, husband, father, grandfather, brother, American, Marine, officer, boss and friend who touched many, many lives.

Neil was a man of extraordinary character...who was able to live an ordinary life...and yet make every day special. He knew how to treat people right...and chose to do so, with each person he met. From a seemingly insignificant person...to one who received much acclaim...each one was important and worthy in Neil's eyes. That's because he looked at people through the eyes of his Savior, Jesus Christ.

So today we celebrated a wonderful man whom God gave to us for 71 years. We celebrated, rejoiced and were comforted that Neil had been called home and was united with Jesus his Savior.

Through our tears and grief we are able to rejoice, give praise to our God and loudly proclaim "It is well with my soul.".

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...