Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Example...Explained

I pray that you will forgive me this post in which I focused on the suffering of one person. While thousands of miles away destruction and suffering on a grand scale has occurred. I will address the ravages of Katrina...but for some time now have felt compelled to try and put into words the impactful example of seeing my Pastor Chuck Obremski, in the midst of his ride on the "cancer coaster".

What I wanted to do is try to put into words, what the last two and half years have been like. Going from the heights of seeing God's hand in starting our church, Kindred Community Church, to the depths and desperation we've seen and experienced as cancer has unrelentingly ravaged Chuck's body.

I think the true miracle is that while Chuck is suffering physically and his body is being devastated by cancer...his spirit has remained steady, strong and unwavering. Repeatedly during this time...we've heard and seen a faith, trust and committment to Jesus Christ lived out, not dependent on answered prayer. Or should I say prayer answered in the manner of which we prayed.

I can honestly say...I've never heard, "Why God?". But instead, "What?" What are you going to do through this cancer Lord? How will you use this to further your kingdom? What would you have me to do next Lord? And most importantly, "Not my will, but thine be done Lord.".

Seeing this example lived out in the midst of great personal suffering has impacted many people deeply. As such...God is able to use this cancer to reach out to those who are lost in their sin...and bring them to a saving grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Praise God!

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...