Friday, August 12, 2005

Deceived or Deceiver?

It is not my intent with this posting to be ugly or vulgar. But just as God has given me words of inspiration lately summarizing my beloved Pastor’s living example and God’s wonderful plan…so too I feel as if I am bubbling forth with words to describe an experience with an individual I’ve met. This time with an unfavorable impression.


Deceived or Deceiver?

Arrogant
Narcissistic
Know It All

Yet Talented
Skillful
And a hard worker too

Player
User
There’s no one but you

Deceiver
No trust is bestowed upon you
No respect is due you

Empty
Disgusting
“Son of a”…yeah one of those too

Example to no one
Except to all
On what not to be

Friends
So called,
They see through you too

Deceived
Alone
And Facing the End

Will you get it, realize you erred
Or harden your heart
And face a fiery end

By Susan Bunts 8/12/05

Well arighty…I know this one is rather dark. Don’t mean to bring you down. One thing that I thank God for is gift discernment. I am very grateful for it…and I’m sure God has used it to spare me some pain over the years

As revolting as I found this individual to be…I know as a Christian that God can even reach out and touch this person and change him. That while I was repulsed…God still loves him. So I guess I’ll conclude this posting with a prayer God will reach out, touch this man’s heart…and bring him to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. That I’ll be able to stand back and see God do a great and mighty work in the life of a sinful man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your site Rocks! Keep up the good work for the Lord. God Bless You.

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...