Saturday, September 10, 2005

911 A Film

9/11 A Film...by Jules and Gedeon Naudet and James Hanlon

This DVD is quite extraordinary...and I recommend it highly. I like to view this 9/11 DVD, as painful as it is, at least once a year. I want to make sure that I never let the images from that awful day fade from my memory.

You know, it's funny...but the media frequently brings awful images before us...and repeats them time and time and time again. They inundate our senses with that which they think we should focus on. Just think how many times you saw the video from the Rodney King beating. Whether it's a man made tragedy or that caused by natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina, the main stream media seems to revel in focusing on these images.

The one notable exception are the images from 9/11. I know in some respects the media may have good intentions in deciding to not air that video anymore. But I can't help but think that because those images were yanked from the TV screens shortly after 9/11, the impact of that day will continue to decline. And it shouldn't.

9/11 was a day in which the undeniable evidence of true evil and it's impact on innocent human beings was made visible in such a way that no one could deny it. My fear and concern is that when we stop seeing evil for what it is and loose our ability to speak the truth about evil, we will also loose our desire to fight and defeat it.

An example of that attitude is the people who go around and what to understand why the terrorists hate us. They care more about why the terrorists feel that way than they do about defeating them. They think the terrorists must have come from impoverished backgrounds and were spurred on to commit acts of terrorism as a result.

Call me naive, but I'm a black and white thinker. The only value in understanding why terrorists commit these acts, is if it gives us a tactical advantage in defeating them.

For as long as I live...I want to always remember what happened on 9/11. I want to remember what happened to my fellow American citizens and people from other nations who happened to be on one of four planes or working in three those buildings. Or those men going into burning buildings in the belief that human life is precious and when threatened every attempt should be made to rescue those victims. What a contrast to the views of the terrorists on human life...especially that of American and Israeli life.

That's why I want to remember...and will make time this weekend to view this 9/11 video. You can order it yourself on Amazon by clicking on the above link.

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...