Thursday, September 01, 2005

Face of September 11th

With September 11th just around the corner...each day in September I want to focus on something about that horrific and transforming day in the life of my beloved country. It has impacted American's in ways we will never fully comprehend.

Today...I'd like to start with a picture that has graced my walls since the day it first appeared in the paper. The gentleman in this photo is named Tony James. This photo was taken at the funeral of Father Mychal Judge...also known as the first victim of the tragedy we now know as 9/11.

I don't know much about Tony James...except that he was a New York City Fireman...and was attending the funeral of Father Judge when this photo was taken.

This photo has touched me to my very core. This man's face is so beautiful...the humanity, the pain, sorrow, the overwhelming horror of that day, the loss, it's toll and the personal impact it made, is visible on Tony James face.

I ask God to bless this man abundantly. He has been the face of September 11th that I treasure each day.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...