Sunday, September 18, 2005

Reflections on Keeping the Faith

Thank you to my dear friend Dan...sending his condolences on Chuck's death. Dan...I greatly appreciate you kind words and reflections on "keeping the faith". You are very eloquent...and have some keen insight...that seems to have increased with your years. Thank you Daniel...and by the way congratulations on your new job...and good to have you back in California! Susan


I was sorry to hear about the passing of Pastor Chuck. While I did not have the pleasure of knowing him personally, from what I have read about this man on your blog, we were indeed fortunate to have a man such as him.

Reading the notice of his passing, I was struck by the following words, "he fought the good fight, he kept the faith" Truly that is something to aspire to and to have that said of one at their passing. Keeping the faith is so difficult at times as life brings us many challenges, but to keep your faith in spite of all is something to be proud of. To fight the good fight, to do what is right, to not take the easy way out, but to struggle and persevere is something that many call old fashioned in these times, but as I age, the words have more and more meaning and more and more focus in my life.

My sincere condolences to his family and his congregation.

Dan H.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...