We all know people in our everyday life that have qualities and display characteristics that we admire and seek to emulate. Those qualities are all the more evident when contrasted by those who lack them...or worse display the opposite.
Whether it be the father leading his family or the boss leading a business or a mayor leading a city in a time of disaster...one of those qualities which critical and severely lacking these days is leadership.
Below are some characteristics that that I've witnessed in persons whom I've been blessed to know as leaders:
· Have a vision
· Clearly communicate
· Listen...really listen
· Have a plan
· Wade through the muck and mire to get to the other side
· Not deterred by the critics and nay sayers
· Realize that there will always be those who are stumbling blocks
· Don't let anyone or anything get in the way
· Find a way over or under or around any obstacle
· Don't quit...it's not in their vocabulary
· Build up
· Inspire others
· Speak the truth
· Tell it like it is
· Prefer clarity
· Share the glory and limelight with others
· Humble, doesn't seek recognition
· Say thanks
· Acknowledge others and their contributions
· Ability to acknowledge when wrong
Any one of the above qualities would be worth having and should be sought and developed. Yeah...it would be peachy keen if those whom we need to lead would do so. You bet ya! But when there is a vacuum...first you need to look inward and see if you are displaying and living out those qualities that help make up a leader. If not...pick a few and start working on them.
Are you a better person when you go to sleep tonight, than you were when you got of bed?
Are you a leader?
If not, why not?
If not now, when?
Promised Land by Robert Whitlow – Intrigue, Suspense, Interesting Characters Mixed with Fascinating Cultures
When author Robert Whitlow writes a book, I want to read it. That’s why I was excited at the opportunity to read his newest book Pro...
Do you ever need to remind yourself on who your God is? Praying this list by Priscilla Shirer will encourage and strengthen your hear...
When I received the good news today that my niece is engaged to be married…I started thinking about all the things I’ve learned over the...