Sunday, September 18, 2005

Grateful to God


Today's Kindred Update brought the news that our beloved Pastor Chuck Obremski has made it home...and is resting in the arms of his loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

He finished the race at 1:05 PM on Sunday, September 18, 2005...game time for the Angels as it so happens. In reflecting upon his death...his passing into eternal life...my lips pour forth praise and thanksgiving for so much.

I thank God for leading me to this wonderful pastor...who so boldly preached the gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

I am thankful for his open and transparent life.

I am thankful for his open and teachable spirit...and willingness to let God continue to mold him and transform him into the man that God would have him to be.

I am thankful for Chuck's straightforward, no nonsense style of preaching...my kick-butt Pastor....as I lovingly refer to him as.

I'm thankful for Chuck and Linda's willingness to step out into the unknown...and start our church, Kindred Community Church.

I am thankful that Chuck, Linda and Kindred Community Church elders...have been so committed to spreading the gospel message that they give away the CD's and tapes from the sermon messages.

I am thankful...that Chuck and Linda were so open and transparent through the whole experience of his ride on the "Cancer Coaster". Willing to let God use it...what Chuck went through, Linda and the family...and in turn our church family. They didn't hide it...but instead turned it over to God to let Him use it to get the gospel message out there and bring many to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.

I am grateful for the example I saw lived out in the life of man that reflects Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that God let Chuck remain with us for two years after his diagnosis of cancer.

I am thankful for the life I saw lived out in the example of Chuck...of not quitting...and not resting until Jesus called him home.

I am thankful that Chuck and Linda have remained committed and faithful to their Lord and Savior in spite of and in the midst of great pain, suffering and loss.

I am thankful that there was no bitterness or anger or hatred towards God for this wretched disease.

I am grateful, thankful and most blessed to have seen a living example of someone so committed and sure of God's love that even when dealt the hand of terminal cancer at such a young age, there were no questions as to why, only what. What God are you going to do through this?

I am most thankful for my beloved church family...the members of Kindred Community Church.

I am thankful that God has unified us with strong bonds of love...with roots that have grown very deep over the past two and a half years.

I am thankful and eager that when I get to heaven...I will get to hear Chuck preach the message that he was unable to preach on 9/11/05, The Influence of the Genuine Servant.

I am grateful and humbled to know that I too will one day go to heaven and meet face to face my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am thankful...that there too welcoming me to heaven will be Chuck and my friends Hugo and Neil who recently passed away.

I am thankful that God used the time from Chuck's diagnosis of cancer until He took him home...to allow us time, give us His grace and enable us to trust Him and accept His will.

I am thankful that today...even this very day, in which my heart is breaking...my lips sing forth praise for my great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that I have a hope, joy and peace...that nothing and no one can ever take away...not even the death of a loved one.

I am thankful that Chuck is no longer suffering.

I am thankful to know that God continued to use Chuck...even in these days when his life was wanning...to witness to others about Jesus Christ.

I am thankful...that I will not taste the bitterness of death and hell...since I have received Jesus Christ...who paid my sin debt that I might be forgiven and join him in heaven.


So...even as I wipe tears from my eyes...and I am most grateful to God and sing forth is praise loudly.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...