Monday, September 05, 2005

Poured Out Like a Drink Offering

Philippians 2:15-18 -
16 as you hold out the word of life in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17 But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.


My beloved Pastor, Chuck Obremski did preach today. His sermon was a challenging one... "Thinking Like a Genuine Servant". The scripture that came to mind in seeing him today...and hearing him...were Paul's words about being poured out like a drink offering.

And indeed Chuck continues to willingly offer his life and will over to God and His plans. Chuck recently stated in an interview...for as long as God will strengthen me and enable me to preach His word, I'll be there. And today...he was there...albeit seated in a wheel chair.

As Chuck had stated in a recent sermon...there are blessings with having a terminal illness like cancer. It helps you to not waste time on the little things that don't matter. For many of us...it's made us more cognizant of what a blessing each day is. We don't take for granted having Chuck preach...we are most grateful to God for the gift He's given us in our Pastor.

Please continue to keep both Chuck and Linda and the entire Obremski family in your prayers as they continue to battle and ride the cancer coaster.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...