Wednesday, September 21, 2005

To Defend or Not to Defend?

Okay...so I'm going to have re-evaluate whether or not I should defend Duane Patterson anymore.

Duane...is also known as Generalissimo ...the producer of the Hugh Hewitt show. Hugh frequently rags on this poor boy...eliciting a maternal reaction from me...wanting to make Hugh to knock it off and stop being a bully.

Now I've got to rethink my stand. You see...I've seen a whole new side of Duane. In exchanging a couple e-mails back and forth...now the truth can be told. Our very own Generalissimo is positively incorrigible.

Not sure if Duane's reply reflects the "ugly American" or the "ugly baseball fan". In response to mentioning David Fisher at Pilgrim Scribbling and him being Chaplain for the Toronto Blue Jays...here's Duane's first response:

the blue jays??? boy, he's into serious ministry. do they still play baseball in canada???...dp

Of course I had to come to the defense of one of my favorite bloggers...and here an unrepentant Duane's response.

I'm glad to hear that there is a conservative in canada who likes baseball. I just pray he gets a chance at the major leagues someday...dp

So okay...I don't think it's an ugly American thing...I think it's more baseball related. Bottom line...Duane is one cocky son of a gun.

And Hugh, Hugh...he's just as incorrigible and cocky as Duane.

So where does this leave me? Should I defend Duane anymore when Hugh is picking on him? Or should I cheer Hugh on?

Better yet...I'm turning on Prager instead and be done with it!

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...