Saturday, June 25, 2005

Celebrating 50 Years...Congratulations

Congratulation to Mr. and Mrs. Egan on their 50th wedding anniversary.

This weekend my friend Joe Egan's parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

That is truly amazing...and Congratulations seems wholly inadequate for such an accomplishment. They are parents to twelve children. Of whom I am privileged to know their son Joe. If Joe is any reflection on his parents...they are wonderful indeed.

This weekend Joe is back in Boston visiting his family and joining in the celebration. I love to hear Joe tell stories about his family, parents, sisters and brothers...and about past adventures.

One of Joe's favorite treats are his Mom's homemade biscuits. After a visit back home...he speaks fondly of his mom's cooking. If fact the dear boy...has got me hooked on biscuits. I have no doubt that they pale in comparison to Mrs. Egan's homemade version...but there's nothing like a warm biscuit with a little butter and honey. In fact my two kitties, Nathan and Moss...like to partake as well.

I don't get to see or talk to Joe too much these days...he's one busy dude...and too far away in Boise. But I wish Joe a wonderful visit with his family...may they have a wonderful weekend celebrating their parent's tremendous accomplishment of 50 years of wedded bliss.

No comments:

Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley – Interesting Plot, But the Story Got Bogged Down

  I enjoy suspense and mystery novels and was excited to read Patricia Bradley’s newest book Fatal Witness , the second book in the Pearl R...