Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Each Day...A Gift From God

With the recent death of my friend Hugo...and seeing my beloved Pastor, Chuck Obremski in his ongoing battle with cancer...I'm more cognizant that each day that we are given, is a gift from God.

Not too along ago when Chuck began his recent series "Living Life in the Light of Eternity" we prayed that God would grant Chuck the time to preach the message which God had laid upon his heart. God has been faithful and merciful and answered our prayers abundantly. He has given him the strength each week...to preach a powerful message from His Word. Chuck in turn has been obedient to God and faithful to use the gifts God has given him.

Each day is gift from God. None of us is granted another hour...much less another day. We should examine ourselves and ask, what am I doing with the gifts that God has given me? Am I faithful and obedient to do that which He has asked me to do? Do I seek His will and plan for my life? Am I doing that which is pleasing to God?

While none of us is guaranteed another day here on earth, each one us can receive that guarantee of an eternal future secure in heaven...with God our Father...His Blessed Son and the Holy Spirit dwelling within us.

As you lay your head on your pillow tonight...ask yourself if your eternal future is secure? If not...remedy that right now...and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. The Lover of your soul...has gift waiting just for you.

No comments:

Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley – Interesting Plot, But the Story Got Bogged Down

  I enjoy suspense and mystery novels and was excited to read Patricia Bradley’s newest book Fatal Witness , the second book in the Pearl R...